Book review: The Rosie Project - Graeme Simsion


Meet Don Tillman. Don is getting married. He just doesn't know who to yet. But he has designed a very detailed questionnaire to help him find the perfect woman. One thing he already knows, though, is that it's not Rosie. Absolutely, completely, definitely not.


My opinion.
Don Tillman is awkward. Let's be blunt. But there's never been a character that stole my heart as fast as Don did. He's confused - rightly so, when you've seen his perspective - by the (social) world around him. Yet he's accepting and sober about how he fits into that world. Simply said: he doesn't fit in, and never has. But the social isolation doesn't get him down. He gets confronted with his flaws on a daily basis, yet he's still confident in all his talents and although he has had every reason to give up on people, he's still the most loyal friend.

This has just become one of my new favourite books. I loved every single page of it. It was endearing, funny, romantic, emotional,... 
I literally missed my train reading this - I was so engrossed I just forgot about the world around me.
Has this been optioned? 'Cause this has Benedict Cumberbatch written alllll over it. 


 




Comments

Popular Posts