Book review: Sleepless in Manhattan - Sarah Morgan (From Manhattan With Love #1)


Great friends. Amazing Apartment. An incredible job. Paige has ticked off every box on perfect New York life checklist. Until disaster strikes…
What if the person who broke your heart, is the only one who can help you find your future?
Great friends. Amazing Apartment. An incredible job. Paige has ticked off every box on perfect New York life checklist. Until disaster strikes and instead of shimming further up the career ladder, Paige is packing up her desk.

Her brother’s best friend Jake might be the only person who can help her put her life back together. He also happens to be the boy she spent her teen years pining after, and Paige is determined not repeat her past mistakes. But the more time she spends with Jake, the more Paige realises the one thing that was missing from her world all along. The perfect New York love story…

My opinion.
It is with shame that I admit that Sleepless in Manhattan is the first of Sarah Morgan's novels I read. I'm not sure how that happened, but let's just say that it won't be the last! Fellow book lovers were absolutely raving about this book so I couldn't be more pleased that I got a chance to see for myself what the fuss was all about ;-)
I really enjoyed reading it. The company idea/ event planning setting was a great backdrop. It gave a lot of variation and felt energetic. 
The only remark I could give is that some of the dialogue didn't really work for me. Either it was difficult to discover who was talking to whom, especially when all three ladies were involved, or there were too many words wasted. What I mean is that Sarah Morgan did a great job of offering you a detailed insight and understanding of her characters and they didn't always need the amount of explaining they got or did. In a lot of the dialogue it was a case - to me - of 'less is more'. There was a bit too much repetition and over-analyzing of issues already sufficiently explained.
In Sleepless in Manhattan Sarah Morgan introduces some really great characters and I loved their relationships. The romance was passionate, the friendships unconditional and the brother-sister bond heartwarming. I definitely felt like there was so much more to explore about these characters - and lucky me, this turned out to be the first book in a series, so *happy dance*, I am definitely reading the rest of the From Manhattan With Love series.



 




Comments

Popular Posts