Q&A with Jenny Hale #BookoutureXmas



Read my review for Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses here.

 

Hi Jenny, welcome to M's Bookshelf!


What made you decide on writing Christmas themed books?  
Christmas is about family, love, and showing people we care about them—all the things that I like to put in my novels. There’s something so cozy about it, so romantic, that Christmas just fits for the type of story I like to write.

Is the writing process you go through different when you write a Christmas book? Or any specific 'habits' while writing?
Nope. I go through the same process every time. For me, I really need to know my characters first and their struggles. Secondly, I need to know the setting inside and out. Once I have those two things, I can usually roll with it.

What is, in your opinion, the most important "ingredient" for a good holiday themed story?
Romance. I like to teeter on the realistic-fantasy line. I think when we can put ourselves into the romance but have that perfect ending, it makes for a good holiday story.

Do you use real locations in your books or create them and why?
For all my books so far, I’ve used real locations. I think it’s because I can include the tiny details that only someone who’s been there knows. That makes it seem more real.

What will you wish for this Christmas?
A happy, healthy family and success with my writing. That’s all I need.

Thank you so much for stopping by, Jenny! Merry Christmas ;-)



Comments

Popular Posts