Q&A with Holly Martin #BookoutureXmas


 
Check out my review for Christmas at Lilac Cottage here,
and check back here on 2 Nov. for my Snowflakes on Silver Cove review.

Christmas at Lilac Cottage
  
Snowflakes on Silver Cove
  


Hi Holly! Welcome to M's Bookshelf.

What made you decide on writing Christmas themed books?  

I love Christmas, its my favourite time of year, the food, the smells, the decorations, the presents, the celebrations, the snow, so writing about Christmas is very enjoyable and makes writing so easy

Christmas 2012
The Ardennes, Belgium
Is the writing process you go through different when you write a Christmas book? Or any specific 'habits' while writing?


Not really, I might look at Christmas pictures or videos, I'll probably listen to Christmas music to get me in the mood when Christmas is so far away, but its generally the same process of writing for all my books.

What is, in your opinion, the most important "ingredient" for a good holiday themed story?

I think its all the elements of Christmas that we love and sometimes don't get in our own lives, like snow or log fires, big family gatherings, so giving the readers that perfect Christmas

White Cliff Bay is the ultimate 'small town'. What is it that attracts you to small towns like that - or is it something you'd dislike yourself?

I would love to live somewhere like White Cliff Bay, where everyone looks out for each other and there is always someone to chat to. Where i live the neighbours will say hello if they see you but that's it. No one really knows what goes on in each others lives and although the nosiness would probably annoy me a bit, i think I would love the friendliness too

What will you wish for this Christmas?
I'm rubbish at asking for presents, I never know what to ask for. I like surprises, a gift thats not asked for but someone has saw something and thought that it would be perfect for me.

Holly xx

Thank you so much for stopping by, Holly! Merry Christmas ;-)


Comments

Popular Posts