TMI Travel Tag


Thank you so much to the lovely Simona from Sky's Book Corner for tagging me!
Click here to read her Travel Tag post!

Tuscany, Italy - 2014
1. What was the last country you visited?
It was Italy! Family holiday last year to Tuscany. It was gorgeous... and delicious!

2. How many countries have you visited?
11. 12 if you count Switzerland for driving through it on holiday. Which I don't. So 11 it is!
(The Netherlands, France, UK, Germany, Italy, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Italy, Spain, Czech Republic
) 

3.  What is your favourite place on the planet that you have been to?
That's a really, really tough one. I'm going over all of my previous trips and I really can't point out one. We've traveled to the UK a few times on family trips and those were always amazing. But so was Tuscany. Agh! No idea. I guess I still have to visit the most wonderful or favourite place on earth ;-)

Bruges, 2012
4. Favourite place in your home country?
Mmm.. Apart from my home? ;-) I visited Bruges a while ago and it was pure magic. It was a cold, quiet day with snow.. Just WOW! So that's the first thing that comes to mind.

5. If you could board any plane right now, where would you go?
I'm going to join Simona and go to New York! It's a place I really want to visit, but somehow feel like that won't happen any time soon. So if anywhere goes? Yes, NY please!

6. What’s your cup of tea – tropical island getaway, snowy ski break or city exploring trips?
City trips. I would love a relaxing beach trip as well, but I'm just not that could with heath! And although I love Winter, I can't ski!
Yorkshire, 2011

7. What are your top 3 hand-luggage must haves?
Book(s), camera, some pills to help with my motion-sickness (sexy item, I know)

8. Any travel tips to share?
Bring a map and make sure you have all your important documents (reservations,...)

9.  Most embarrassing moment abroad.
We rented bikes in Devon, England for a "little trip". The trip wasn't little. At all. It was hard. When we finally arrived back at the bike rental, the most gorgeous guy walks up to us to take over the bikes. He looked at me, laughed, and said: "wow, you look haggered!" Thanks man.

10. Biggest disappointment.
Family trip to Hungary. I can't really put my finger on it, but it was our least favourite holiday and non of us are really planning on visiting the country again. With the exception of Budapest. We were only there for a day trip and although we weren't "blown away" by it, I do feel like it's a city I would like to visit again one day.

Wales, 2012
11. Nicest surprise.
Wales! Not that my expectations were low, but something about that part of the world made me fall in love with it and I always think back on it very fondly. Definitely a place I would visit again. Although I've only seen a little part of it, so 99% will still be completely new to discover!

12. Three places at the tip of the travel bucket list.
New York. Greece. Australia.


13. Favourite food discovery.
This is nothing exotic at all, but here goes: PUB FOOD. As I mentioned before, we've already visited the UK (England & Wales) a few times on family holidays, and I just loved ordering a (veggie!) burger at a pub. The were so, so good! The fries in the little baskets, the vegetarian option: loved it.
Although most cities have very "hip" veggie restaurants, it's nice to just go somewhere with the rest of the family and being able to order something else than pasta-pesto or pizza margaritha for a change. And seriously, you Brits are doing a FAB job! I never had any trouble finding something meat&fish -free. (The one on the pic. is clearly not a veggie one)

14. Why do you travel?
To relax, and to discover new places. I love visiting different towns and villages and go into the local shops, but I most enjoy discovering the history of a place. Abbey or castle ruins, or these "open mansions" are always at the top of my to-do list on holiday.

15. What 3 things would you take on holiday/travelling if you could?
My cat, Moussa. I dread leaving him behind. That's it really! All other things like a few books or camera are with me anyway!

16. Have you picked up any phrases from travelling?
Some words:
Pivo for beer in Czech (I visited Prague 3 times)
Devon, 2009
Araf for slow in Wels (saw that on the road a lot, so we looked it up)
Je ne parle pas le français ("I don't speak French"), a sentence my mom taught me when first visiting France, before I started learning it at school (so I must have been 9 or 10).

17. What two places would you not go back to and why?
Hungary (see Q.10) and Birmingham. Just not that impressed.

18. Your dream travel companion?
I've always loved traveling with my mom, dad and brother - and now boyfriend as well. But I would love to travel with Aven & Simona!! (Just booked a trip to Berlin with the lovely Simona so 1/2 is coming true this Summer!)

19. Most surreal travel moment?
No idea.

20. Three people you would like to see do this tag
Hilary, Alba and Silke!

Comments

Popular Posts