Book review: A Storm Of Swords; Steel and Snow (A Song of Ice and Fire #3 - part 1) - George R.R. Martin

  

Click the cover to read my review for "A Game Of Thrones" and "A Clash Of Kings"
(A Song of Ice and Fire #1 and #2)


  
Winter approaches Westeros like an angry beast.


The Seven Kingdoms are divided by revolt and blood feud. In the northern wastes, a horde of hungry,

savage people steeped in the dark magic of the wilderness is poised to invade the Kingdom of the North where Robb Stark wears his new-forged crown. And Robb's defences are ranged against the South, the land of the cunning and cruel Lannisters, who have his young sisters in their power.


Throughout Westeros, the war for the Iron Throne rages more fiercely than ever, but if the Wall is breached, no king will live to claim it



My opinion.
I honestly have no idea how to write this review. I mean, how many more ways are there to express my LOVE for this series? Unlike other series, I don't feel like each book tells a story on it's own. I've already started the next installment, just because there was no way I felt like another chapter was closed.
By now I do have my favourite characters, and characters I don't enjoy reading about all that much. But even that I consider to be a good thing: it slows you down just enough to actually enjoy the reading process. Westeros is a dangerous world to get caught up in and it's so easy to forget you don't actually live there and you do have a life and things to do outside these pages.
Looking back on my review for book #2, I think this one was a little - and I mean LITTLE - more slow paced. I think each individual character and story line got a bit more attention.
For fans of the series: this is the point where book and series start to show some differences, especially in timing and of course detail and depth.
That's it really. The book is another fabulous installment in an even more fabulous series.




 


*********************************************

<< Click the picture to read my review
for "A Game Of Thrones
(A Song of Ice and Fire #1)"

or "A Clash Of Kings (A Song Of Ice and Fire #2)" >>





Comments

Popular Posts