Book review: No-One Ever Has Sex on a Tuesday - Tracy Bloom

 
A very funny romantic novel (... and no. 1 ebook bestseller)

Childhood sweethearts Matthew and Katy agree they must never see each other again following a school reunion.

So all is forgotten ... until eight months later when a shock meeting at an antenatal class forces them to confront the fact that Matthew could be the father of Katy's baby.

Love and life are messy, but Katy and Matthew take things to a whole new level as deep emotions begin to resurface and hormones run riot.

Never has a one-night-stand led to such chaos!


My opinion.
I've never been a big fan of love triangles... and what's worse than a love triangle with a baby involved?! 
Tracy's writing is so hilariously funny at times that I even managed to forget my frustrations about the whole situation. She even managed to give the characters an ending I was really happy with - and let's face it, the one thing all love triangles have in common is the lack of a (possible) happy ending. It took me a while to warm up to the characters, but I ended up enjoying them and the story. It's even better than a tv soap. So many awkward moments, secrets, lies and funny slip ups, this book has it all. I mean, there's even a gay best friend!
The cover and title are just brilliant. I wanted to read this book before even knowing what it was about (maybe a good thing, since the love triangle thing might have scared me off).
Fun, light read!


 

Big thank you to The Random House Group,
I'm very happy to have won a copy of this wonderful book!

Comments

Popular Posts