Book review: Love Like The Movies - Victoria Van Tiem


 


Kenzi Shaw knows the plot of her life down to the last line - the career she's building as an up-and-coming marketing exec, the gorgeous fiancé (Bradley) she'll marry in a fairytale wedding, the children they'll raise in her dream home. But when heart-breaking ex Shane comes back into her life, life starts going off the script . . .


Shane tries to win Kenzi over by re-enacting all the rom-com movies they used to watch together - Sleepless in Seattle, Bridget Jones's Diary, Pretty Woman and Dirty Dancing to name a few. He's just a guy, standing in front of a girl, asking her to trust him again. But has he really changed? Not only is her head in a spin over Shane, but now her job is on the line. And with her perfect sister-in-law showing up every tiny thing Kenzi does wrong, she feels like she's permanently in the corner.


Should she risk her sensible life for the chance of a Happy Ever After? One thing's certain, when Shane meets Kenzi (again), she's suddenly not so sure who her leading man is . . .


Perfect for fans of From Notting Hill with Love . . . Actually and You Had Me at Hello. Grab some popcorn, hit the sofa and enjoy this feel-good and very funny novel.


My opinion.
What a wonderful book! I loved everything about it: the title, the cover, the blurb,... I was sold from the moment I was introduced to the book and I wasn't disappointed when I finally got to read it. I loved every page. Love Like The Movies is fun, flirty, entertaining, hilarious, sweet,... Kenzi is a wonderful romantic. I definitely recognized myself in her - the perfect main character! As for the hero(es).. Sigh. How dreamy.
Kenzi is forced to take a good honest look at herself, her life, hopes and dreams and I really feel she did that with grace. I loved the typical rom com embarrassing moments, the outbursts and misunderstandings... But mostly I loved how Kenzi handled herself and the decisions she made. She's a very strong woman.
Love Like The Movies had me falling in love with the idea of love and romance all over again, and I can't wait to relive some of those "most romantic moments" on screen. Yes, there will be a rom com movie marathon after this!
Victoria Van Tiem did a brilliant job with this book; I'm already excited for more!


Find out more about Victoria - read my Q&A for the Chick Lit Plus Book Tour here!

 

Comments

  1. ❤���� You're a sweetie, thanks so much for the fantastic review! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, my pleasure hun - such a brilliant read!!! Thank YOU for the opportunity! ;-) xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts