Book review: High Heels and Bicycle Wheels - Jane Linfoot


Meet Bryony: she’s a fun-loving, very single TV production assistant whose idea of sport is the Jimmy Choo sales scrum.

Meet Jackson: Cycling’s bad boy superstar. Injured and out of a certain race this summer, without his training, he’s looking for another distraction…

Bryony’s facing a triple whammy – her last single friend just named the day, her mother’s offering to have her eggs frozen, and the guy she’s loved from afar, forever, has just got hitched. So she’s more than happy to accept the offer of a totally out of character but seriously steamy one night of no-strings fun. Especially when the guy in question is so attractive he even looks good in Lycra!

Jackson’s on the lookout for a new career but if the opportunity to work on TV means a fortnight with the most uptight woman in the world, he’d rather not bother. He never goes in for seconds – and who in their right mind would head off in a campervan, with a woman who irons her knickers?

Add in a tandem (yes a tandem) and fast forward to double trouble for a summer neither of them will ever forget!


My opinion.
This is the second Jane Linfoot book I had the pleasure of reading. Just like the first one (scroll down to find out more), it was HOT. From the very first page, the heath was on. I was a bit taken aback and I'm not sure I appreciated the full on sex talk right away. Once the story really picked up though, I loved the sexual tension between them. Jane has a brilliant way of describing both sexual longing and the actual 'deed'. Absolutely brilliant.
Jackson is a very arrogant and self confident person. Unfortunately, too much confidence is not something I find particularly attractive in a man. But this just shows again how great Jane's writing is, because even though I would have hated a man like that in real life, I felt every bit of Bryony's (sexual!) attraction for him. As for Bryony... She's not my kind of person either. I never really warmed up to her and I'm sad to say I never really 'got' her. At times she was so frustrating it was almost funny, but if I were Jackson, I would have dumped her in the middle of nowhere with her ironing board and Jimmy Choo collection.
High Heels and Bicycle Wheels is a great, sexy, HOT read by a wonderful author. WARNING: do not(!) read this in public. Be sure you have some privacy and/or a significant other near you.
 



The wonderful Gosling Girls came up with a great readathon: #SexMeUpReadathon. Find out more about what it stands for here.

My #sexy book recommendations
   
Click on the cover to find out more about the book

For sweet, sexy romance: check out Katy Regnery's books, especially her latest series "The English Brothers"


Comments

Popular Posts