Book Tag – My Reading Habits


Another fabulous book tag: "my reading habits". I was tagged by Simona and Victoria. Thanks girls! 
Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I have a very comfy "grandpa chair", but my bed with a blanket will do as well. Blankets are key! Unfortunately I had to leave my grandpa chair behind when the boyfriend and I moved to a new apartment (my brother is taking care of the chair now - ON LOAN!), so I'm still deciding on my new favourite reading spot.
Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Definitely bookmarks. I have a lot of them and it's one of my favourite things to collect.
Some of these are souvenirs (France, Prague, Amsterdam,...) others are gifts (Marie, Simona, Thomas,...)
Love love love bookmarks! 


Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or certain number of pages?
I usually try to stop at the end of a chapter, or page, but I can stop at random as well.
Do you eat or drink while reading?
Tea and biscuits maybe. Usually just drinks.
Do you watch TV or listen to music while reading?
I do sometimes intend to do both, watch TV and read, but I usually end up focusing on only one thing... the book! I do sometimes put on music, but after a few pages I've usually blocked out all background sounds, including music. So I don't really bother with music.
One book at a time or several at once?
If the book is good: only one at a time. But if I'm in a bit of a reading slump, I usually start more than one, just to see which one will get me reading again.
Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere. Mostly at home, of course, but I never get on a train or go to a doctors or hairdressers appointment without a book. 
Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently. I used to read parts of the Harry Potters out loud, to practice my English -pronunciation. But now that I'm sharing a flat with someone, I stopped doing that ;-)
Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
NEVER. Nope, no. I wouldn't want to spoil it. I usually even skip the blurb: I read it when I pick out the book, but never re-read it just before reading. It often gives too much away and I like to be surprised. Predictable reads usually aren't fun.
Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I try to keep the spine like new for as long as possible, but I'm not obsessed with it: it's not worth finger- cramps! I like second hand books as well, those usually have cracked spines!
Do you write in your books?
NO! A school text book, maybe. Never in a novel. Unless it's the title-page: there's nothing I love more than books with a history/ with a dedication written inside. I write my name and the month/year I bought the book inside every book, and I always mention if it was a gift/ special occasion/location.
Thank you Simona and Victoria for tagging me, I had so much fun writing this!
I tag Laura, Ana, Alba and Isabell!

Comments

  1. Ooooh what a fab tag! I may have to have a go myself ;D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it's so much fun to do!
      Congratulations on your blogeversary) xx M.

      Delete
    2. & thanks for stopping by! Happy reading! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts