Book review: Escape - C.H. Little

Escape

The blurb.
Ever wanted to just...start again? 

Desperate for a fresh start when her relationship ends, Penny Morgan moves to the peaceful island of Menorca for a year, but struggles to forget the past and move on. When she meets Anna and Grant Morgan, a glamorous couple holidaying nearby, she leaps at the chance of an evening out. The mysterious couple seem to offer genuine friendship and an escape from the loneliness she has been battling against, but as time goes by she discovers things are not always what they seem. 

As things begin to unravel, Penny struggles to regain control and wonders if it may just be too late for her to escape. 

Escape is an intriguing thriller which makes us wonder whether we can ever trust in the kindness of strangers. You won't be able to put it down! Thriller fans will be enthralled from the engaging opening page to the truly spine-tingling finale.


My opinion
I enjoyed reading this novella. I was very curious to see what it would be like: never read a "thriller novella" before! 
I must say that I forgot it was supposed to be a thriller at one point. C.H. Little makes sure you really "know" the main character, and it's easy to sympathize with Penny - who's looking for a way out and dreaming of prince charming to come and get her. This means though that much of the story is more chick-lit than suspense thriller. Not that I mind, I really enjoyed that first part.

Then finally, when everything starts to unravel, everything goes really fast - sharp contrast with the first half of the story. One moment she's hanging out with her new "friends", the other she's planning on escaping and.. BAM, the story ends. I really wanted to know what happened: I felt like the final chapter s were missing and I didn't get to read the "spine-tingling finale"; a bit disappointing.

I did however enjoyed reading it and I am looking forward to reading more of C.H. Little's books.

LOVE this cover!


Find C.H. Little on Twitter, Facebook and her website.

 

Many thanks to Clare for asking me to read and review Escape!

Comments

Popular Posts