Book review: Christmas at the Cupcake Café - Jenny Colgan

Christmas at the Cupcake Café

The blurb.
Issy Randall, proud owner of the Cupcake Cafe, is in love and couldn't be happier. Her new business is thriving and she is surrounded by close friends, even if her cupcake colleagues Pearl and Caroline aren't quite as upbeat about the upcoming season of snow and merriment. But when her boyfriend Austin is scouted for a possible move to New York, Issy is forced to face up to the prospect of a long-distance romance. And when the Christmas rush at the cafe - with its increased demand for her delectable creations - begins to take its toll, Issy has to decide what she holds most dear.

This December, Issy will have to rely on all her reserves of courage, good nature and cinnamon, to make sure everyone has a merry Christmas, one way or another ...



My opinion.

I really enjoyed "Meet me at the Cupcake Café" so I was more than happy when I found out Jenny wrote another Issy novel. And that was before I knew it would be a Christmas novel (!!!!). You don't have to be a Christmas geek like me though to enjoy this book. It's not just jingle bells and snowballs: all the characters we met in "Meet me at the Cupcake Café" have their own fears, frustrations, joys and hopes that go along with this holiday. Real life goes one, despite the festive decorations and cakes.

Issy goes through a really hard time this Christmas and it's heartwarming to see how her friends support her, each in their own way. That being said, there were moments when I was crying my eyes out, along with Issy. Those friendships are what makes this a true "christmassy" novel though. They all have very strong and different personalities, but they care for each other, through thick and thin. Issy truly is surrounded by the best group of friends imaginable.
I really loved reading this novel, a must have on everyone's Christmas wish list! 

Comments

Popular Posts